Colorado Country Life is looking for pet stories explaining what makes your pet special or what amazing things your pet has done. Tell how your dog saved your toddler from running into the road or how a horse helped a teenager deal with trauma or how that kitten brought a smile to great-grandma. We want to read it!
1st, 2nd and 3rd place and runners-up published in the magazine will be awarded cash. Stories will be published in the September magazine.
1st place – $250; 2nd place – $150; 3rd place – $100
Runners-up published in the magazine receive $75
Deadline to Enter: May 22, 2020.
CONTEST RULES & REQUIREMENTS:
If your entry doesn’t meet these requirements, it will be disqualified.
1. Story must be told in no more than 300 words.
2. Deadline: Entry must be received by Colorado Country Life by 4:30 pm, Friday, May 22
3. If sent via email or postal mail, entries may be typed or handwritten. Otherwise, type your story in the entry form below or copy and paste.
4. To enter fill out the form below.
5. Photo of the pet must be included with the entry. If the photo is sent digitally, it must be at least 4X5 inches in size at 300 dpi.
6. Mailed entries must be sent to Pet Story Contest, Colorado Country Life, 5400 Washington St., Denver, CO 80216.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
By entering the contest, writers and photographers automatically give Colorado Country Life permission to publish stories and images in print and digital publications, on social media and on websites. Contact information (email, phone, address) collected will be used to contact the winners and inform you of other contests and activities sponsored by Colorado Country Life.