Effective July 1, 2023
- What information is collected and under what circumstances;
- Whether the collection is voluntary or involuntary;
- How that information is used;
- Who that information will be shared with and under what circumstances; and
- The ability of the user to choose how that information is used, how it can be reviewed and how it can be corrected
For purposes of this policy, the term “User” refers to any individual who is accessing content through this site. This policy solely applies to information collected, maintained, and used by or on behalf of CREA and does not apply to the collection and use practices of websites which users connect to through any website links available on this site, nor does it apply to any applications or advertising posted on this site provided by third parties. Aggregate information means information elements collated on several individuals, used for the purposes of making comparisons or identifying patterns, which does not identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual User. Non-aggregated information means all information provided by a User, which is not in aggregated form and may be personally identifiable.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
This site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to the site. CREA does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 and CREA does not provide services to children. Users under 13 shall not provide any information on this site or through any of its features, or provide information about themselves to us, including user name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name used. If CREA learns it has received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, CREA will delete that information. If a User believes CREA might have received any information from a child under 13 years of age, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION:
Google Analytics – CREA uses Google Analytics to gather data regarding Users of this site and to help optimize content. Google Analytics collects the following information through the default implementation:
- Number of users
- Session statistics
- Approximate geolocation
- Browser and device information
For a full listing of user data collected by Google Analytics, please see: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/11593727?hl=en
Data gathered through Google Analytics is automatically (involuntarily) collected and may be used to help CREA improve and maintain the availability and usefulness of the site for Users. This information is used in the aggregate for this purpose and no attempt is made to identify any specific individual. Users cannot opt-out of collection of this information and it is not reviewable or correctable by the User because we do not maintain it in a way that is personally identifiable.
If you leave a comment on this site (where available) you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Requests for products/services/information – When Users request products, services, or information from, or respond to surveys conducted by, CREA through this site, personally identifiable information such as name, email address and credit card number may be collected in order to complete the transaction. Failure to provide the requested information, however, may preclude delivery of the product, service or information requested. This information is voluntary and each User can opt-out of providing this information by simply not providing it as requested. Any personally identifiable information provided in this way can be reviewed and corrected by the User.
HOW CREA MAY USE INFORMATION
CREA uses the personal information that it collects about Users, or that Users provide to CREA, to conduct our business and to provide member information, products, and services. Personal information collected will be shared with appropriate CREA staff in accordance with CREA staff privacy and confidentiality policies. Examples of how CREA uses personal information include:
- To present this site and its contents to Users.
- To respond and provide Users with information, products, or services requested from CREA and its suppliers.
- To offer products, services or information that Users may find helpful.
- To notify Users about changes to our site or any products or services CREA offers.
- To allow Users to participate in interactive features, including advertisements, made available through this site.
- To implement new services, features, improvements, modifications, etc.
- In any other way CREA may describe when information is provided.
- For any other lawful purpose with consent.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Data gathered through this site is for the use of CREA, and CREA does not provide or sell such data to any third party. Any information collected and retained by CREA through this site will not be released to third parties except as indicated below:
- Any information needed by a vendor to perform services for CREA or other appropriate sponsor will be disclosed to the vendor. Such vendor will be required by contract to observe the same privacy protections that apply to this site, and they will not be allowed to sell User information.
- Any necessary information will be disclosed to any appropriate internal or external authorities in order to 1) identify and pursue remedies against Users who attempt to damage, misuse, or otherwise interfere with the operations of this site, or 2) to otherwise protect CREA’s legal interests.
- CREA may aggregate information collected on the site, such as views or clicks, and share with third parties for CREA’s business purposes.
- Any necessary information required to respond to appropriate requesting authorities, including but not limited to, properly issued search warrants, court orders, or subpoenas. CREA will make every reasonable effort to limit such disclosures.
- For contests where entrants provide personal information as a condition of entry, such personal information may be provided to contest sponsors or other providers of goods or services associated with such contests.
CREA, as owner of this site, has implemented commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security measures in order to protect personally identifiable information against loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification, and improper disclosure of all information collected and maintained by CREA. While no information is absolutely safe in an electronic environment, by implementing commercially reasonable security, CREA has taken appropriate steps to secure information collected, retained and used.
REVIEW AND CORRECTION OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
Users of this site may, upon a verified request, review and correct as needed or desired any sensitive, non-personally identifiable information or personally identifiable information collected or retained by CREA by contacting CREA at: email@example.com. As noted above, however, aggregated information or information that is not personally identifiable is not subject to review or correction by a User.
From time to time, CREA may revise this policy to reflect changes in the law, changes in our products or services, changes in our practices regarding the collection and use of personal information, or to reflect new features or technologies of cooperative.com. CREA encourages all Users to review this policy periodically so that they are up to date on CREA’s most current policies and practices. The last date this policy was revised is the effective date set forth above.