You have three opportunities to win in May!
1. Colorado Country Life magazine is partnering with Lodge Manufacturing to give you a chance to win a random prize drawing of a cast-iron cookware package that includes these items:
• 6-quart/12-inch camp Dutch oven
• 12-inch tote bag
• 60-inch tripod and tote bag
• Deluxe lid-lifter
• Lid stand
• Cast-iron trivet/meat rack
• Outdoor spatula, tongs, brush and spoon
• Charcoal starter
• Chuck wagon dinner bell
• Leather gloves
• Lodge baseball hat
• 13.25-inch cast-iron skillet and leather hot-handle holder
• A copy of The Lodge Book of Dutch Oven Cooking
Fill out the Lodge Manufacturing Cookware Sweepstakes entry form online by clicking here or mail entry form to: Colorado Country Life, Cookware Giveaway, 5400 Washington St., Denver, CO 80216. Click here for printable entry form. Entries must be postmarked by May 15. CONTEST ENDED.
2. Enter for a chance to win a 2017-2018 Colorado State Parks annual pass. Just share a photo or story of your favorite camping location on our Facebook page: facebook.com/COCountryLife. The person whose post gets the most likes or comments wins! Deadline is May 15. CONTEST ENDED.
3. Win a copy of Andrew Shurka’s book The Ultimate Hiker’s Gear Guide: Tools & Techniques to Hit the Trail. To enter, email your name, address and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to enter “Ultimate Hiker’s Gear Guide” in the subject line. We’ll choose the winner on May 15. CONTEST ENDED.
Had a Close Encounter with a Celebrity?
Here’s what you need to know to share your story with us:
Send a short story (and a photo if you have one) telling us about your brush with fame or someone famous. We’ll pay $50 for any submitted story that we publish on our website and in the October issue of Colorado Country Life. We’ll pay $25 for entries published on the website only.
Deadline to share your story and photo is July 17 at 3 p.m.
Here are the rest of the rules:
• Include who you met, who they are, what the circumstances were, where it occurred and what was said or what happened.
• 250 word maximum.
• Each entry must be accompanied by a signed entry form accessed by clicking here.
• If sending a photo, send a digital photo or a copy of an original photo as photos will NOT be returned. Digital photos must be 300 dpi.
• Do not write information on front or back of photo.
• Do not paper clip entry form to photo.
• Photos printd on a home printer will not be accepted.
• Entrants must be a member of a Colorado electric cooperative. They may not be an employee of the Colorado Rural Electric Association.
• Entrants must be 18 years of age, but a parent or guardian may enter the story of what happened to their child.
• By submitting your story and photo you are giving consent for the story and photo to be published in the magazine and/or on Colorado Country Life and the Colorado Rural Electric Association’s websites and social media channels.
• There is no purchase of anything necessary to submit an entry.
• Colorado Country Life will pay $50 for any submitted story that is published on the website and in the October issue of the magazine. CCL will pay $25 for stories published on the website only.
• Stories will be selected for publication by the Colorado Country Life staff.
• Winners will be notified via the October issue of Colorado Country Life.
• Information gathered through entries will not be shared or used in any way other than for Colorado Country Life to contact the entrant.
• Questions should be directed to email@example.com or 303-455-4111.
More Ways to Win in May!
Take Your Photo with the Magazine – It’s easy to win with Colorado Country Life. Simply take a photo of someone (or a selfie!) with the magazine and email the photo and your name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll draw one photo to win a $25 gift card each month. The next deadline is Monday, April 17.
This month, the randomly drawn winner of the $25 gift card is Leslie Doran, a La Plata Electric member from Durango. She visited New York’s Central Park during spring break.
Funny Stories – Do you have a funny story you’d like to share? Every month we select multiple funny stories and print them in the magazine. You will receive $15 if your story is chosen. Send your funny story to email@example.com or to 5400 Washington Street, Denver, CO 80216. Don’t forget to include your mailing address so we can send you a check!
Classifieds contest – Find the hidden treasure in the print version of Colorado Country Life and learn how you can win a $25 gift card. You must follow the instructions to be considered.
If you prefer to enter these contests via snail mail, send your name, address and phone number to: Colorado Country Life, 5400 Washington Street, Denver, CO 80216. Just remember to include the name of the contest you are entering.